Batman Returns is a 1992 comic book film--the second and last live-action Batman film of the Tim Burton era. Though both James and Damien enjoy the movie, James has gone on record as admitting it is not a very good film at all. It was reviewed by James, Michael David Sims, and Ian Wilson on Episode 293 of Earth-2.net: The Show.
- Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin
- Selina Kyle/Catwoman
- Max Shreck
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Commissioner Gordon
- Chip Shreck
Why is it a bad movie?Edit
- The main plot of the movie doesn't come into effect until an hour and thirty minutes in
- More time is spent with the absurdly heavily make-up'ed Max Shreck than Batman/Bruce Wayne
- Shreck is so evil, he produces a river of toxic waste from a textile mill.
- You can fall out of a thirty-story building and survive as long as you fall through some awnings and cats lick your bloody wounds. (I'm getting some bad memories...)
- Penguin is a raving sexual deviant
- Are the Batmobile's blueprints a matter of public record??
- The Bat Signal is reflected into the study of Wayne Manor...and these reflectors are all over the outside of the mansion. I would think that might attract some attention when guests are over.
- Max Shreck is so dense, he asks Wayne why he's dressed up as Batman after he rips the mask off and after having just ziplined down into the Penguin's layer.
- Protagonist? - Selena Kyle, just because we have no clue what her motivation or end goal is; also, Commissioner Gordon because he's an ineffectual twit
- Box of kittens - Max Shreck
- Plot convenience -
- Selina sent herself a voicemail to remind her to go back to the office (which would eventually lead to her murder) when she could have just left a Post-It note for herself ANYWHERE
- Max stands on top of the ONE sewer grate that is a trap door that leads to Penguin's Duckmobile
- There Are No Police - The GCPD shows up to gun down Batman on top of a skyscraper just seconds after the Ice Princess falls to her doom, despite having no evidence Batman pushed her; but they never show up in time to see any of the villains committing their heinous acts
- Courtney - Chip
- Sudden Character Stupidity Syndrome -
- Batman somehow rewiring Penguin's remote to set off all the penguin army's rockets and then looking surprised to see the fallout
- Batman unmasking in front of Max Shreck
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.